Thursday, April 19, 2018

Euro Disney in Paris

We arrived right when the park was opening.  Our sweet Genevieve gave us all a good laugh when she was telling one of the little boys that Cinderella's picture was on the sign and "for some reason they called her Bienvenue."  She thought it was pretty funny too when we explained that that is the word for welcome in French.  We took a picture under it to always remember laughing all the way into Disney Paris.







We all went through the entry together, but then we split up for a little while.  Genevieve always wants to do the bigger rides and most of the time the other kids all go with me.  The other kids went on the Buzz Lightyear ride with me and my mom.  We shot at a bunch of aliens and Bob still talks about this ride.  I think it was his favorite.




Then everybody wanted to go on the next ride that Genna and Brian were going on, some Star Wars thing.  So Bob, Judah, and I went to check out the Snow White and Pinocchio rides.



We met up again to do the Small World, Peter Pan, Dumbo, and the Pirates of Caribbean rides together.  Somewhere in there we ate our lunch that we packed and watched the Disney show.












Bobby fell asleep on my back in the Ergo while in line for Peter Pan.  When we realized he was asleep we turned him around onto my front thinking that they would let me ride that way since they were making people turn backpacks around on other rides.  However, they would not let me keep him in the Ergo or even hold him during the Peter Pan ride.  I had to slide him over onto the seat and just lean him on me.  Amazingly enough he slept through it all.  He never stays asleep if we move him, but I guess no real naps and staying up way past bedtime for 5 days in a row is all it takes to make him tired enough.  Even after the ride was over he let me put him back in the Ergo without even stirring.  He slept through the Pirates of Caribbean line and ride too. 



Brian and Genna split off from us again after a bit and then Bobby and Judah wanted to meet a Toy Story character.  Jesse was on duty and we waited in a very long line behind many adults who wanted to meet Jesse and get her autograph.  Jesse was so very sweet and really funny.  I was entertained in the line watching her interact with all the people and pose for pictures.



It was worth the wait!  Before finishing up with the parade and the souvenirs Mimi had promised them, we did the Snow White and Pinocchio rides one more time so the others could do it.   Then  Judah all of the sudden wanted desperately to ride the Carousel.  He had turned it down earlier when we were waiting on the big kids.  





The parade was really good.  It was the best part of the day, in my opinion.  The show at lunchtime had just been okay, and so I wasn't expecting much from the parade.  However, it was very nicely done with a fire breathing dragon and Sleeping Beauty's fairies on hover-boards.  It started to rain right after the parade was through so we rushed into souvenir shops and finished up the day.




It was no Disney World, but the children had a good time, and they don't know any better since we still haven't been to Disney World.  We picked up my dad and went to get burgers for dinner.

No comments: