Monday, January 7, 2019

Who needs toys? Really!

Our toys get so little use until I try to get rid of them.  I am always caught and then the toys are their favorites.  I pulled out the Little People and bagged them up to send to my mom's because her toys were mostly ruined by a leak from the attic.  Sure enough, even Drew was playing with them the whole day when the bag was discovered.

No really, most days, it's playing with cardboard boxes, balloons, or some other crafty thing they discover.  Most recently, Isaac read about how to make your own window clings with nothing but puff paint and wax paper.  We happened to have both and I let him go to town.  Several days later and all the boys (sans Bobby) were making clings for the sliding glass door.  This took up so much of their time and helped to use up an old craft supply.  It wasn't too messy and I didn't run this craft at all.  So win-win for me!

You have to really look to be able to see them in the photo.  



I was trying to figure out how I could get everyone to just buy the kids craft supplies or books and not get us anymore toys for Christmas!


No comments: