Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Confirmation Day Finally Arrives

 It was scheduled, and then it was rescheduled.  It was a public Mass, and then it was a private Mass with only three guests per child receiving the sacrament allowed to attend.  In the end though, it all worked out, and it was a beautiful Mass.  Our oldest four children were able to receive the sacrament of Confirmation on the same day, June 14th, 2020.  In our parish, the children typically receive Confirmation and then First Communion in the same Mass in 2nd grade.  Now we are all caught up and ready to start preparing Judah to receive both next year.

Our oldest four ready to head to the church









Two of their sponsors were able to come despite all the craziness with the virus.  Isaac's and Drew's sponsors spent the weekend with us.  Hannah and Genevieve had a proxy stand in for their sponsors. 


We had to be there 45 minutes before and the Mass was a full two hours long with the bishop present.  We were there right through lunch, from 12:15 - 3:15pm.  The little boys were so very good even though they were thirsty the entire time.




 After Mass, we picked up Duck Donuts and headed home to eat spaghetti for dinner with our visitors.  We opened presents and I was so happy that my gifts did arrive on time despite initially telling me they'd be a couple days late.  I drew each of their patron saints and used markers to color them in nice and bright.  Then I ordered them on mugs from Snapfish.  They turned out very nicely.

Hannah's Confirmation saint is St. Dorothy of Cesarea

Genevieve's saint is St. Catherine of Siena

Drew's saint is St. Edward the Confessor

Isaac's saint is St. Francis of Assisi

Here are the mugs...


My husband liked the finished product so much, he now thinks I need to start an online business of religious drawings on t-shirts and mugs, but I wouldn't know where to start.  I told him that I hate the post office, and he said he'd mail them for me.  :)  I'm thinking I am not tech savvy enough for this, but maybe one day I'll find the time to try my hand at it.  For now, I am keeping very busy with a big surprise "project," for lack of a better word. 

No comments: