Monday, July 20, 2020

Bob's Early Bubble Gum Birthday "Party"

We decided to celebrate Bob's birthday early since my parents were in town on a regular Sunday dinner night.  My sister and brother were going to all be there at my sister's house where we could swim, have pizza, and cake.  Alas, the coronavirus strikes again and my brother couldn't come.  He was quarantined, not because he necessarily had the virus, but because his son's daycare teacher was positive for it.  Bob was so disappointed to not have his closest aged cousin and best bud come to his birthday party.

The fifth birthday is the one where the new five year old gets the privilege of chewing gum.  SO, Bob chose this cool cake.  It was supposed to have red icing on the bottom like the real old fashioned gumball machine, BUT my red dye was empty when I opened it.  We improvised with blue.  The top is white cake and the bottom is chocolate which is what he asked for.  We saved half of it in the freezer for his actual birthday in "11 days" as Bob kept reminding us.  (This is going to publish on his actual birthday though.)

He doesn't know it yet, but he's getting a gumball machine for his birthday from us.  Shhh, don't tell!

We were frantically packing in the days leading up to his party.  I caught him reading in his own little nook of boxes.  

Opening gifts from my parents and my sister, after swimming and eating pizza.


Ended the evening with cake

No comments: