Sunday, September 13, 2020

My Sweet 6 Year Old Forever! (Okay, okay, he's really 7.)

Happy birthday to my sweet Judah.  I told him that we'd still celebrate him and do presents and cake, but that we should all just agree that he won't get older than 6.  He said he couldn't stop it, and, no matter how I tried to convince him, he would just not agree to my plan.  Alas, he turned 7.

His reaction when he saw the too-big-to-wrap horse pillow with a pocket for the tooth fairy that I made him.  For now, he has put his special saint cards in the pocket since no teeth are loose yet.



Our card tradition continues.  The little boys like to remind their siblings the countdown to their birthdays and remind them that they need to make a birthday card.  "Don't forget!  There are only two days to make my card," they remind.  I had to throw mine together the night before.  Hannah and I stayed up after Judah that night and worked on our cards together at the kitchen island.




My card: this is Jack and Annie from the Magic Treehouse book series that he loves so much.  He's on book 41, I think.

The inside of Genna's card: Judah loves cats!

Isaac's card: Judah's current favorite superhero is Black Panther.

Hannah's card:  All the boys are into dragons thanks to Isaac's fascination with drawing them.


Judah's friend came over with his siblings to our pool to swim and have some ice cream cake.  I threw this together last minute.  


The day after his birthday was a Saturday and he helped me make his "vanilla and chocolate" cake.  He requested that it be a Sword in the Stone cake since he is into King Arthur stuff right now (hence the Magic Treehouse obsession).


I made two cakes,one vanilla and one chocolate, and I layered them, cut off some edges, and then smooshed it together a bit to make a giant cake ball.  This was going to be hard to ice, so I first melted chocolate and poured it over to make a hard coating that was easy to ice over.


Hannah is responsible for the sword.  We found a sword that was the right size and she fixed the emblem by drawing an Excalibur symbol and taping it on with double sided tape.



He wanted his name on it and I added the green sprinkles for grass.

 We took it the next day to his Aunt's house for swimming and celebrating with family.  My sister's birthday is the day before his, so we celebrated her as well.

Then the next week he got a special trip to Smoothie King for the whole family, paid for by his Gigi and Poppy.  They were appalled that he'd never been "because Mommy says it's too expensive."


No comments: