Friday, December 11, 2020

Sweet Bob

Bobby is preferring the name Bob more and more these days.  I call him all three names, Bob, Bobby, and Robert.  Sometimes I call him Roberto too.

Bobby brought me his erasable tablet because he had written me a message all by himself.  "Mom I Luv You" with the L backwards and random capitalization which made it all the more special.  Unfortunately, one of the boys told him he messed up the word love and so he erased it soon after this and started over.  Then he added the word "DAD and" at the top and started over again when the boys kept telling him things were misspelled.  I try not to squash the efforts of a kindergartner by all that spelling because it has made a few perfectionists not want to even try to write over the years, but I guess it doesn't matter because now all those perfectionists are calling it out before I can stop them.


 Bob and I were recently all alone in the van which is rare because the other boys went camping and we were going to pick up the girls.  Our memory work CD was in and so we were listening to it.  I was saying the poem with the lady on the CD, when Bob says in his tiny voice, "Mom, I really like your voice better for this one."  It may not sound like much, but those kind of comments are the ones that just melt my mommy heart.

No comments: