Thursday, September 24, 2009

Uncensored Sarcasm

The jetlag coming this way is more an early waking thing. So we've had some early mornings since our arrival. This morning the kids all woke up at the same time and were all asking a very tired mommy for various breakfast foods at the same time. I have a tendency towards sarcastic remarks, but try to keep them to a minimum in front of the kids. Well, when woken and bombarded with requests for cereal in this kind of bowl and oatmeal with some particular spoon and a sippy cup filled up faster than I can possibly manage, sometimes it slips out. I think Hannah had asked for something and then was complaining about something else. I can't even remember what it was now, but I said something like, "Why don't you keep complaining so I really want to get you" whatever it was. Genna turns to Hannah and says, "Go ahead, Hannah. Is there anything else you need to complain about?" I just started giggling hysterically into my hands and both of the girls asked if I was laughing or crying. Once they realized I was laughing, they all started giggling.

No comments: