Wednesday, March 21, 2012

27 Weeks


Drew is moving a bit more this week. He is rolling easily now and is able to move in a circle on his belly using his arms/hands. He is sitting better, but still tips over when he tries to reach for a toy that has fallen too far away. Speaking of toys, his favorite is the mini Mater pillow that I sewed for him when I was pregnant. I sewed crinkly tissue paper inside it. He chews on it until it is so soaked that it no longer makes noise.

I call him "Tough Guy" for two reasons. One he rarely cries when his head gets bumped or one of the kids drop him (just kidding about that part-no dropping has occured.) Two because he is so rough. He doesn't have control of his hands when he gets excited and you go in for a kiss and WHAM! Plus he grabs hold of your face or arm or whatever and squeezes so hard that I have these mini bruises to show for it. Don't even try to let him "teeth" on your finger. You aren't getting it back in one piece. Tough Guy. Looks innocent enough though, doesn't he?

Other news, he is now preferring to lay on me facing me after we read his book for bed times. He used to chill facing out and I rubbed his tummy, but now he is twisting around the minute the book is closed for his prayer and song. I can't say I prefer this way yet since he is wiggly and burrows into me covering my shirt with drool and snot (Yes, he has a runny nose this week,) but I think once we both get used to this new arrangement it will be fine.

His new foods for this past week were avocados and peas. I think I am going to scratch the idea of making my own rice cereal and go with the easy stuff. I had a failed attempt at it and was busy enough stocking the fridge with his home-made veggies not to want to try again. He really likes to eat and has loved everything I have offered him. He is also up to 2 meals a day, breakfast and dinner (after evening nap.) I need to get some foods in him that will make his guts move a little more. On the other hand, it is nice not to have so many poopy diapers to change, not to mention hardly any blowouts which was at least a daily thing for him.


Schedule is about normal. Three naps a day. The first two are 1 1/2 to 2 hours long most days and the last one is 45 minutes. He was going to bed between 7:30 and 8pm and was waking between 5:30 and 6:30am this past week.


His 6 month check up is next week.

No comments: