Saturday, July 20, 2013

Art Camp

 We live in an area currently that has so many educational opportunities, like their German Saturday School, not to mention the millions of museums and battlefields, etc.  However, I have had a really hard time finding a quality art program for Hannah.  I am not sure if this is because of her young age or what.  All the ones we have tested out have ended up being too crafty or just not advanced enough for her.  We did Drawing with Children at home and so she has had the break down of shapes and lines instruction.  What I was looking for was something like I had when I was little where you learn to see the object you are drawing differently, notice details, and learn how to draw those things.  The stage Hannah is at right now is where she can draw reasonable looking people and animals, but they tend to look the same in each picture.  She needs to learn to distinguish features and learn how to translate that onto paper.  The art camp she was just in a week ago was more of the same.  Although she came home with a few good pictures, when I asked how they drew them, it turned out it was more of line by line instruction.  That's fine, but that's what I do with her.





Here are the things of which I was less pleased.  Too crafty and certainly no emphasis on drawing skills involved.




A little watercolor at home...



Hannah has been at golf camp all week which she thoroughly enjoyed.  I didn't go out to the driving range or putting green with her, so no pictures of that!

No comments: