Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A Clue Jr Party and a Chicken Fest

The oldest three kids wer invited to a Clue Jr birthday party.  They were supposed to come in costume and character.  Each was assigned their character and I was emailed the information.  At first I was concerned about not having our stuff causing a problem for the kids pulling  costume together.  Hannah was Peyton Purple, Genevieve was Scarlet Red, and Isaac was Mr. Black.


I really fudged on Isaac's costume because it recommended a suit and bow tie for him because he was a butler, however, I didn't keep his suit out of the first shipment.  I thought of turning a shirt into a tux, but I only had one sharpie and a white shirt to work with.  I had to make his suit white. For Hannah we borrowed a purple dress.  Genevieve was supposed to dress like a movie star and in red.  We had no red dresses that we could find in anyone's closet, however, we had just put a fancy red dress into the thrift store pile.  So we dug it out to see if she could get just one more wear out of it.  And boy did she!   She won the costume contest!  And it turned out she was the murderer.



Two days before our good friends left the country to move back to the states, we met them and some other friends at the Chicken Fest.  They have delicious chicken cooked on spits by firemen.  I made sure that I got pictures of all my kids with their good friends.







It was really a nice time with our friends and we ran into our old landlord and his wife from last time we lived here in Germany.  It was a late night, but we drove separately since we had only the two smaller cars.  So I was able to take the three youngest home to bed around 10 or so.

Our Former Landlord
The kids had fun in the bouncy house and riding the mechanical bull.


No comments: