Friday, September 6, 2019

Isaac turns Eleven!

It's the month of birthdays, between my two siblings and all our families, we have seven birthdays in August.  Isaac's is right before school starts, and we were gearing up for his first year in a brick and mortor school, in this case, the classical charter school that his sisters went to last year.  Last year he was really not ready to start and he begged me to homeschool him.  He didn't actually get a spot in the school anyway so I didn't have to make that decision.  This year I registered him with sibling priority just in case.  Much to my surprise, he was really wanting to start at Great Hearts this year. 

On his birthday, I had to take Genevieve up to school to get her schedule, her locker, and her textbooks.  Then it was time to celebrate.  Isaac wanted to go swimming at his aunt's pool and invite a friend.  We pulled it together kind of last minute, but everything worked out well. 

He also got to pick a restaurant as is our tradition, and since it was Friday we were all able to make it happen on the day of his actual birthday and his uncle, aunt, and cousin were able to come.  He picked Freebirds because he had never been and he found out about the tradition of making something out of your burrito's foil.  Seemed like a fun and easy thing to do.  He is having a group birthday party with Drew and Judah in September.

His eleven year old privilege is to get a personal music player.  We ended up giving him Brian's old Zune and buying him some music off his list, most of which was either classical music or Cosmo Sheldrake.  His guitar teacher told me how excited he was about Isaac's eclectic taste in music and how it's going to play out in his lessons.  I love that about Isaac.  He's killing it on his guitar and piano.  Due to our drastic change in school this year for him, I told him that he couldn't do sports this year if he does two instruments.  His response was "As long as I can still do my instruments."  So I guess that's the right call then.  His only request since then is that he asked to join the Ukulele club at school, but it is at the same time as his guitar lessons with his teacher that he loves so we are going to pass this semester.  His goal is to learn to play as many instruments as possible.  This sounds great, but expensive..

I love you, Isaac!  I love your passion for music and arts and crafts and cooking!  You have a kind heart and a sweet spirit.  Happy birthday!

No comments: