Sunday, December 7, 2014

Another Baby Quilt

I made a quilt for my godson's first birthday.  I started with a Superhero fabric for the backing, and walked Joanne's looking for coordinating fabrics for the front.  



After a lot of wandering, I came across a bundle of this chevron fabric in the colors I was searching for, but I hesitated thinking it would make it too busy since the backing has so much going on already.  Then I figured I could add a plain white fabric to break up the crazy chevron and decided to take the plunge.  I looked everywhere for a good app for quilting design where you can take pictures of your fabric and plug it in to see what the quilt will look like.  I thought I was getting close because I found one that said it did that, but, alas, it wouldn't work right.  So I borrowed my daughters' colored pencils and drew it out the way I envisioned it.  I liked the way it looked on paper so I went with it.  I was very happy with the way it turned out.  I had to go back and re-cut the squares a second time which was majorly frustrating, but something happened when I sewed the strips together to make some of them smaller.  I was super excited to sew on my tag onto the back for him to remember me by.


I'll be happy when I can get this to my little guy to keep him cozy this winter!


No comments: