Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Brakes an Gears


Hannah will be old enough to get her permit in November which is just impossible, right?  Wasn't I just teaching her how to share her toys?  Oh, yes, I was just teaching her to share.  (My blondies all have issues with sharing.)  My point was that it feels like she was just a wee little one, but now she is just centimeters shy of being as tall as me.

Let's set the record straight here about this driving thing.  She didn't even want to do it.  I remember begging my parents for my permit and to teach me to drive, but she is scared to death of it.  I want to teach her in the big van because I think it will be easier to transition to a smaller car later than vise verse.  I had to talk her into this whole thing though; big van or car, she was just plain nervous.

We went to a parking lot and worked on braking and changing gears.  She never even got the nerve up to put on the accelerator!  She just rolled forward and then put on the brakes, put it in reverse and rolled back, etc.  My personal favorite part was when she accidentally honked the horn and just took her foot off of the brake and froze.  Umm, if you're going to panic, can you do it while pressing the brake, please?

Brian said he'll try to take her next time and see if he can make any progress with her.  I just want her to have LOTS of practice before we set her loose one day.  San Antonio is just full of terrible drivers!

No comments: