Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Happy birthday to my daddy!

My daddy turned 70 this month!  We were lucky to have him visiting at the time of his actual birthday.  Since the Coronavirus cancelled my sister's conference, we were able to have the whole group together for a party at my sister's house.  I made the cake and dinner.  The cake has an atom on it for my favorite science teacher.  My dad was my AP Biology teacher in high school and gave me my only C ever (including college.)  He said that it was a 79.4, but there wasn't any way he would round up my grade unless it could be justified since that would be considered favoritism.  My dad also gave me my one and only detention for a dress code violation.  He was tough, but he helped make me who I am today.  I love him more than I can say.  So I made him this fictional atom.  I don't know.  I suppose it could be an isotope, but I had only a few packets of M&M's to work with, and I needed certain number of certain colors.  This was all I could come u with, without just doing a boring Hydrogen or Helium atom.  I knew may dad would notice right away that no element on the periodic table had 3 protons, 3 neutrons, and 4 electrons.  I was right.  He did notice pretty quickly.


Singing "Happy Birthday"



This picture shows my nephew's personality.  He was blessed with extra helpings of personality.
The next morning the girls and I left for our trip bright and early.  I slept a lot on the plane, after wiping it all down with antibacterial wipes, of course.

No comments: