Monday, February 1, 2021

Because Art is What We Do Around Here

Really, it's the main way that we pass our time these days.  Our breakfast table has become a painting center.  I ended up buying a craft cart with drawers so it all can be put away quickly and easily.  The girls come up with new projects all the time and Drew is just as crazy about painting as they are.  


This full set of PJ Mask characters, I made for my nephew as a Christmas gift..  




Drew painted these with minimal instruction.  The glare on the apple isn't from the camera.  He's getting really good.  He is definitely a perfectionist and will redo things many times if he's not satisfied with them.

The girls found this idea of stripping and painting old CDs.  These are Genevieve's.

More of Genevieve's

Hannah's CDs

Hannah's CDs Again


There have been many baby's announcements lately.  I made two so far and am already in the middle of the third, and I still won't be finished with baby gifts!

What a cute model!

I embroidered one of them.

I loved this llama pattern, perfect for a surprise gender!

Hannah received a box of miniature canvases.  She got right to work.



I requested that Genna do some of her ombre colors on these difficult to paint shells, and they turned out beautiful!



This angel rock, I painted for my mother's collection.

I painted these two when I had the idea to do each of our patron saints on a shell.  It wasn't easy.  I haven't started anymore yet though; too busy sewing.

The I added some peg doll saints to my Etsy shop, CaeliEtTerraCrafts and the St. Brigid dolls already sold out.

St. Brigid

St. Gertrude, patron of cats and gardeners



St. Josephine Bakhita with Our Lady of Sorrows medal around her neck


I also put up St. Alban up on my shop, as well as my Divine Mercy image, and my peacock drawing.  I am currently working on a drawing of St. Joseph since this year has been dedicated to him.  I also have in the planning stages a set of famous black women peg dolls.  Busy, busy!

No comments: