Thursday, February 11, 2021

Charmed, I'm Sure!

 Bobby is already using his youngest child charm to get things done around here, but I'm onto him.  After being told he needed to get ready for his bath.  He says, with his voice dripping with sugar, "Mommy, you are so good at picking out my clothes and always pick the coziest pajamas.  So can you go upstairs and get my clothes for me?"  I was charmed, but not fooled this time.  What a sweetie though!



Another funny story about Bob happened when he was learning place value in Math.  I was explaining how to tell how many tens and ones there are in a two digit number.  After explaining it once, the next number in his lesson was 11.  I laid out the manipulatives.  When I asked how many tens there are in the number 11 he said, "None."  I told him there was one ten in the number 11.  Then I asked how many ones were in the same number.  He answers two and it took me a second to see where the problem was.  There are two "1's" in the number 11!  I don't know how that's never happened before.  This is the sixth time I've explained this.  Maybe we never chose the number 11 as an example early on.  


This is where we frequently do our Morning Time for school.  Brian is still working from home; he came downstairs for lunch and caught this scene on camera.






No comments: