Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Birthday Bob

Bob is super cuddly, but usually not with his daddy as much as with me.  Daddy always relishes when he comes up for a spontaneous cuddle.

Bobby's birthday requests this year were a Ninjago cake (which I have done before for Drew), a birthday party with his cousins at Aunt Kristen's pool, an ant farm, bowling, and our family restaurant dinner at MOD pizza.  The kids had never been to MOD pizza and they loved getting to choose their own pizza ingredients.


His Mimi made a somewhat last minute visit to come to his party.


He wanted to put his own candles on the cake.



One of his cousins couldn't make it, but we almost gave him just what he asked for this year.

 Although I haven't taken a picture of him with his ant farm, we did get it up and running no thanks to FedEx express shipping and the cold pack I paid even extra for.  I paid for two day shipping and it was delayed over a weekend so I got the ants in 6 days instead and all but 6 of the almost 30 were dead.  Unfortunately, the company hasn't responded to any of my emails.  The 6 we wrestled into the tiny whole have been with us about a month now and are tunneling away.  Just two days ago, we had one die, but otherwise they are going strong.  They do not have names like our string of caterpillar visitors this year.

These were the first two, but I think we are on number 13 or something now.  I feed them lettuce leaves and they grow huge and then die for some reason.  I imagine it's the kind of leaves I am giving them that makes them die eventually but feeding them the tomato leaves kind of defeats the purpose of hunting for them everyday and pulling them off my tomato plants.  These two were nameless, but we've had the likes of Gerard, Herbert, Dot, and still have Stripey, though we usually call him Fatso now.  We've had to silk worms perhaps that did cocoon, but these Hornworms just keep dying in our care.

The swimming, cake, and cousins, happened on our regular Sunday Family dinner day and then on his actual birthday Brian got home early from work and we went bowling as a family.  Then we headed to MOD pizza, and then home to get homemade cards and his ant farm.



We had the two lanes right next to each other that share a cock pit.







Happy birthday 6 year old!  I told him he needed to let me rock him and cry because I am so sad he's growing too fast, but he said no to that request.  Sigh.

No comments: