Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Roman's been officially inducted into the family beach trips!

After getting back home with Roman we had the week to go to his doctor appointments and get a little settled, but by the time Friday came around, he came with me to Genna's volleyball game and then we hit the road at after 9pm leaving straight from the gym to drive a couple hours to Corpus Christi to the beach condo that we still had rented another two weekends.  Brian had taken the big three boys to the car show in Houston, so it was just Bob, the girls, and Roman with me for the weekend.  

The beach play pen that every child has used at the beach.  It's getting a little musty and old.

Roman slept the whole drive and didn't wake up even when I got him out to change him, give him his bottle, and put him in his travel bed.  Neither he nor I heard my alarm go off at 4am to do the middle of the night feeding, so he slept about 7 hours that night.





Bob's little cot at the foot of my bed.

Roman in his travel bed.



The weekend was fun and went great up until the middle of Saturday night when I was struck by some kind of stomach flu.  I still felt awful in the morning so we got up and the girls fed the baby and packed the van while I donned a mask and laid in bed.  I was so thankful for Hannah being able to drive.  She hadn't had a ton of highway driving experience, so she needed it anyway.  We switched places right before we got to the city, and I finished the last bit of the drive.  Once home, the girls took the baby and let me sleep and rest for the rest of the day.  I felt so much better the next day and I was super careful though to wash my hands extra well for the next couple of weeks so as not to transmit anything.  I had considered the possibility that it was food poisoning, but I just couldn't pin down any foods that no one else had eaten.

 And despite that very rough ending to the weekend, I came back for more the next weekend.  :)  Brian drove down with the homeschooled boys on Thursday and I once again left straight from the volleyball game with Roman and the three big kids this time.  Roman slept through the drive again making it a peaceful trip.



Smile!

Look how tiny he looks in the there!


Visiting my mom's condo first thing in the morning with Roman.



This weekend ended without any illnesses and we closed up our beach condo for the year.  Next year, we'll be staying at a different place because my sister bought a condo nearby, but my mom will still be here with her corner unit on the beachfront.

No comments: