Saturday, September 3, 2022

The Snake Farm

I have been trying to go on a field trip to the Snake Farm for years and it never works out.  I finally just bit the bullet and planned a last minute trip there with some friends (back in May), and I am so glad I did.  I almost feel like it was better than Sea World which I know sounds crazy.  It was definitely better than the zoo.  It's not a flashy place with rides and food, but you can see the animals up close, and they have a bunch of programs and accessible staff to answer questions.  They have way more than just snakes.  That is just how they started out.

Here's a white lion cub playing with a ball right behind the boys

The roosters and chickens are just walking around free.


The Snake Program with a Burmese Python. 

Hands on experiences!


You can feed the bison.  Drew was too afraid to get their slobber on him, so he didn't do this successfully.  He was trying to throw it to them, but it would fall where they couldn't reach it so I had to put a stop to that.

They were very slobbery!  Look at that tongue! You had to put it right on their tongue.


Someone got braver.

These goats were feisty!  If you had a bag of food, they were just plain uncivilized!  They surrounded me and got their horns all stuck on my legs.  Then they had the audacity to try and eat my dress.  I literally had to tie it up before they destroyed it.  

 It was shady and comfortable, and Roman did great there.  It is pricey, but they don't have a ton of things to make you spend more money once you are in.  We'll definitely be coming back here!

No comments: