Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Last Vacation Before Bobby Arrives

Two weeks ago, we went to stay with some friends again.  This time it was for almost a whole week.  What crazy friends we have that would invite us for a whole week! I was blessed enough to spend most of the time with my feet up and in the ever so pregnant woman-friendly, gravity-defying place called the pool.  The only thing we did that was not restful was go to the zoo.  It was a hot, hot day and I got a lot of sympathetic comments from other women and some outright shock that I would even be there at all.  Believe it or not, it was my idea to go.  I have a history of going to the zoo when I am very pregnant for some reason.  I think it is because I'd rather tough out the heat and discomfort of a pregnant belly at the zoo than disrupt naps of an infant.  Priorities!  And I have really only had one of those two options for most of the last ten years.

All the kids, but the toddlers in strollers










Judah loves animals so much and I thought he needed a zoo trip before leaving the country.  He had some sleep troubles start on this trip, but they started small enough, mainly shorter afternoon naps, despite how much we tried to wear him out at the pool and zoo, and waking up crazy early in the morning.  More on that later.


My handsome godson and Judah's stroller buddy!


Our drive home was insane!  A 3.5 hour drive turned into a 5 hour drive where I miss my exit and end up in DC in a flash flood after sitting in traffic forever on 95.  I kept apologizing to the kids for missing the exit because they were hungry and I had just told them we were almost home.  They kept telling me it was okay and were super sweet about the whole thing.  Even Judah handled the longer drive well and he's not our best traveler ever.

No comments: