Sunday, May 6, 2018

Easter Weekend

Holy Thursday we went to a different church where the three oldest were singing with the Gregorian Chant group.  They have really enjoyed this group and I'm glad it fit pretty easily into our schedule because that is not easy to do these days.

Good Friday, I was starting to feel bad again and wavered a little, almost not going to the Eucharistic service, but decided that I could make it.

Well, Easter weekend did not go as planned when Saturday, I woke up feeling absolutely terrible.  I didn't get out of bed.  Thankfully, my mom and dad were still visiting and were able to help with the kids and household stuff.  My mom and Brian ran the egg decorating.  I'd already boiled 60 eggs, 48 of which were to be taken to the Easter brunch at church the next day after being decorated.



During Bobby's nap, Brian planned to take the oldest four on a bike ride, but Genna started feeling bad too and decided to stay home.  She never stays home unless she really doesn't feel good, especially from a good challenging bike ride to get ice cream.


Drew's still not a strong bike rider and so he was going to scooter.  Brian brought the trailer to carry him if he didn't make it which I hear it didn't take long for him to fall and give up.






Dinner was supposed to be easy that night so I let Brian and Isaac follow my recipe together.  They made French Dip Sandwiches.


Sunday morning, I was feeling "better" but not great.  Truth be told I might have pushed myself to go to Mass anyway had Bobby not woken up with a fever and Genna woke up feeling badly still too.  I decided to stay home and take one more day in bed to rest.  Bobby, Genevieve and I laid in bed all morning and most of the afternoon.  I did get up to give the kids their Easter baskets before Mass.  I kept Bobby back in my room.  We were desperately trying to keep Judah healthy since he had a scheduled surgery that coming Thursday and we'd already rescheduled it a bunch of times for sickness, travel, and the doctor's issues.  It seemed a little useless to even try since his Kindergarten had shut down because all but two teachers were out sick the week before.


Poor Bobby!  He did enjoy his Easter basket though.  I read his new book at least a dozen times just that day alone.  He now has it memorized completely and it is so cute to hear him "read" Nobody Likes a Goblin in his tiny voice.


I was sad to miss out on Easter with my whole family.  I missed the church egg hunt and brunch.  Brian ran our own little Easter egg hunt in the woods behind our backyard.  





Originally, we had planned to have our friends over after church, but we had to cancel when it became apparent we were all dropping like flies.  It was a low key day.  Later on, when Bobby was sleeping, I did play a game of cards with everybody.  I really love playing games with the kids, Brian, and my parents. 

No comments: