Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Just Life

Since Bobby, Genevieve, and I stayed home sick from Easter Sunday Mass, Bobby had not been able to wear the most fantastic suit I found on clearance for $3 after Christmas.  Solution:  He wore it for Divine Mercy Sunday instead.  I really had to force the bow tie issue on him.  He is an extreme Mama's Boy and so I told him if e wanted to sit with me at Mass he had to wear the bow tie and that was the end of that problem.  Of late, my fears have begun to come to fruition and he is becoming more and more particular and vocal about how clothes feel.  I knew from a young age that he was going to be like Hannah and Drew in this clothes sensitivity thing.  He's had the signs for a long time and here he is approaching three years of age and right on schedule he's starting to push back on jeans and clothes that feel too tight or stiff.  He also is having a hard time with not wearing socks some days now that the weather is getting nicer.  Both Hannah and Drew always have trouble during the season transitions when you either have to start wearing socks and tennis shoes or stop wearing them and wear sandals or flip flops, or even sleeves and layers to no sleeves, or vise verse.  It goes on and on.  



Nice weather also equals gym days becoming park or playground days.  We've had several playground days and this particular day was a friendly game of kickball between the home-schoolers.


Bobby has been very tired before nap time these days.  I catch him laying on the floor with a car or book.  This particular day he was just laying his head on the table where the big kids (individually) and I sit to do schoolwork together.  I just put him down before lunch is he is this tired.  The kid eats so little anyway he never misses lunch.  I have to make a point of remembering to offer him lunch when he wakes up because he won't.


The German Kindergarten has a playground across the parking lot that the moms have been taking their kids to right after pick up time.  We try to do this as often as possible.  I love to hear the boys speaking in German to their friends as they play.

Drew and his friend, Mia.  There are only girls his age.  It bothered him for a while and then he just accepted it.  Now he is the BMOC.  The girls are always running up to him and chatting away or waving frantically as we pull away in the van on gym day when I pick him up early.  
One day I arrived about ten minutes early to pick him up and they were just sitting down at the table for a game.  Frau Grau asked if they could stay and play the game.  I videotaped part of it because it was so much fun to watch.  Basically, it is like "Who took the candy?  Not me, maybe it was..." kind of game.  After they went all the way around the table, they even included me in the game before finally revealing the candy (AKA Bon Bons) and passing them out to everyone.

No comments: