Monday, April 29, 2019

It actually was my first rodeo.

Brian took Isaac and Drew camping with Troops of St. George one weekend and I took the rest of the kids to the Tejas Rodeo on Saturday night.  I was a little wary of this because my nephew has had me read picture books about the rodeo to him and I just didn't know how I felt about this whole idea.  In the middle of one book,  I turned to him and said, "This sounds kinda awful."  He assured me it was awesome.  I figured he's the kind of person who keeps this kind of thing going.  


I mean who thinks it's fun to repeatedly fall off a bucking bronco and who puts their kids on a goat to only to surely fall off, it's just a matter of time.  Well, apparently, a lot of people.  Judah's friend from co-op was there and entered the mutton bustin' contest and actually won.


And it wasn't terrible; in fact, it was even enjoyable.  It was a late night, but the little ones made it!  Bob was a little bit slap happy though.  We were all smokey and exhausted when we got home.




And now we can say proudly, "It's not our first rodeo."

No comments: