Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Crafting for Sanity

I like to keep my hands busy.  I like to create pretty things, at least pretty to me.  I''ve been busy making gifts lately and starting a bullet journal.  How did I not know about this new thing?!!!  It's apparently been around for a good while and I am very late to the game.  When it came across my Pinterest, I knew two things.  1.  I'd be totally into this, but didn't have much time to be such, and 2.  Hannah would fall in love with this pretty organizing fad.  Hannah's not really been into much beside reading lately, and so I showed her what a BuJo is and opened up a whole new world.  She was all in, as she fiercely attacked this project and knocked out half her notebook in less than a month.  Mine is slow going as is my blog posting these days.

Hannah's is her own private thoughts and plans.  I can't put those on here, but I can put a couple of my pages here.  I have more done now, but just need to take pictures of them.

Opening title page, inspired by a card I got from my dear friend

Part of my "Quotes and Prayers" page
We are getting all ready for child number four to receive his First Communion here which means it's time for a new baby clothes quilt.  Drew's baby room was sailboat theme based off of Paul Signac's paintings of boats.  So I decided to continue the theme in his quilt, particularly because he had so many clothes items and blankets that had nautical themes.  His favorite color is red and so I tried to make it as red as possible without losing the navy that I love.  I designed and pieced the quilt, but decided to let my good friend top stitch it for me with her fancy machine like she did with Isaac's.  I made this one much bigger than Isaac's because I felt like I made Isaac's too small for how big he's going to be so very soon.  I didn't want to make the same mistake twice.  

Finished top of quilt all pieced together
Backing of quilt, not put together yet
I'm still loving hand-lettering, so I made this for a friend's birthday...



I have made a few baby gifts lately, but this is the only one I remembered to take a picture of.  I made this super soft baby blanket by crocheting with a new pattern.  I chose the colors of the nursery, and, thanks to a crazy long drive to and from Florida for spring break, I was able to finish it in just under two weeks.



No comments: