Monday, July 1, 2019

May the summer begin!


This may be the best "Welcome to Summer" picture ever!  The day after school ended we went to the First Friday Mass with the homeschoolers, then to the pet store to bring home the bird, and then we were off to the pool in our neighborhood.  I ordered pizza to be delivered to the pool and dad met us there for dinner and swimming.

We've been swimming and had a few homeschool events, like a Poetry and Tea for Teens and a chess match for the boys.  I joined a gym and am exercising regularly after a rough start where I got a crick in my upper back after jumping in too hard.  Judah fell off of super high monkey bars that he shouldn't have been on and landed on the top of his foot.  I waited a day, but ended up taking him for an x-ray when he still couldn't put any weight on it the next day.  It turned out to not be broken, thankfully!  He was back up and moving on the third day.  

Genevieve has been having ongoing foot/ankle issues.  Since we have more time in the summer to deal with it and she decided she wanted to do the 100 mile challenge with the cross country team in preparation for the coming season in the fall, we got her x-rays and are now seeing a physical therapist to try to resolve her issues.  She has a collapsible arch and the first change they made was ordering her some special shoes with an orthotic insert.  I was really amazed at how different her gait was when she put on these shoes.  As I write this she is has a mile count of 22, I believe.

Then week three of the summer was VBS.  It is the first time EVER that all my kids can go to VBS ever.  Isaac was sick the first two days and Hannah missed one of those days from feeling poorly as well.  In the afternoon on these days, the girls have basketball camp too.  I got to exercise, shop, and work on my to-do list all morning!



Bobby's group
My girls said that all the high school girls are smitten with Drew and are always saying hi to him and saying how cute he is.  Oh boy!  Bobby thinks VBS is totally unfair because his two older brothers have red shirts and are in the same group with their cousin.  Plus, they didn't even let him mix his own slime, and he found out later that the red shirts got to.  The injustice of it all!  By Wednesday he was dragging his feet saying goodbye to me and not wanting me to go.  Monday and Tuesday, he was fine. 

No comments: