Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Rest of our Trip: Dallas and Charleston

After our jaunt up to Oklahoma's Northeast tip, we came back to Dallas to hang out with family and see some friends int he area too.  Our trip amazingly coincided with two of my cousins who live far away and I don't get to see often.  One of which just recently had a baby!

Oh yes, your eyes do not deceive you!  That is Hannah holding a baby!   

Yes, that's the cutie pie in Hannah's arms!  It was great to see them and everyone else at my uncle's house for a big potluck dinner.

A bunch of my cousins at our family gathering



Bob in Action

After slurpies, wave pools, and more swimming, Brian and I left the children with my parents and flew to South Carolina, Charleston to be more precise.  It was a fun weekend!  We stayed up until at least 2am every night and slept in until 9am!  We shared an apartment with two and a half other couples.  One of the girls does imrpov for fun so she gave me lessons in improv and comedy.  She is usually the one who everyone puts in the front seat of the Uber because she can talk to anyone.  She knew very few people and yet she befriended many including the groom's mom, who I've known forever.  By the end of the weekend, his mom would walk around me to get to Sarah.  I was totally jealous and so became her student.  When it was time to go to the airport in an Uber, I was elected to sit in the front and see what I had learned, an exam if you will.  I talked Arthur's ear off.  Turns out it was super fun to talk to him about random stuff and ask him questions.  He even gave me a biscuit recipe and the advice to make an app for my baby sleep services when he found out I was giving away tons of free advice to moms to help them get their babies to sleep better.  So my introverted self, usually very bad at small talk, learned how to be a little more balanced and a lot more friendly.  What a productive, yet relaxing weekend!

After Rehearsal Dinner



South Carolina BBQ

My First Blow Dry Bar Experience
The other girls I was staying with wanted to go get their hair done at a blow dry bar and so I gave it a shot!

Wedding Reception with our professionally done hair dos.






This was for the kids because they said they'd never seen him in a tux before besides in our wedding photos.  He's usually in his fancy military dress.


Bob and Isaac got their gifts for birthdays coming up early from Mimi and Papa Boat before we headed back to San Antonio.

No comments: