Sunday, December 29, 2019

All Saint's Day

This year All Saint's Day fell on a Friday, making it a First Friday.  On each First Friday, we go to Mass and have lunch afterwards with the homeschool group (that I co-lead this year.)  Instead of lunch after Mass in the church, we went to a park and had a party.  


Drew was St Andrew (again!)  Judah was St Isadore the farmer, slightly against his wishes.  I'll eplain in a moment.  Bobby was set on being St. Francis of Assisi again, but when I got out the bin of old costumes that I had made for All Saint's Days past, he saw the St. George costume and changed his mind.



All the children got up on the stage in the pavillion.  One by one, they used the microphone to say who they were dressed as.  I was very proud that all three of them said their saint when the microphone was put in front of them.


Then the kids played games for candy and small prizes.  Isaac and Genevieve were at school during this party, but they helped make all the games the weekend before with the homeschool preteens and teens.

Isaac's class had Literary Character Day that same day and we had decided on the cheapest, easiest costume, Huckleberry Fin.  When I ordered the hat, I had to get two in order to get Prime shipping because I was too late ordering.  So I got two and told Judah he had to use it for St. Isadore because he was the only one undecided still on his costumes.  I rarely will spend money on costumes, typically we use what we have to make them or they borrow something.




Happy All Saint's Day...like forever ago!  (I'm always in catch up mode on the blog these days!  It's probably because I'm not having to sit down and nurse a baby anymore.)

No comments: