Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Hannah's 15th Birthday! Donut grow up!

We talked and talked about what she wanted to do for her party and she kept coming back to just a party at home with a few games and food.  I remembered that my Uncle Frank did a donut game for his girls when the were teens that they said was their all time favorite game he'd ever done.  I told Hannah about it and remarkably she said she was interested in that and then we actually built the whole party around that idea.


The cake turned out wonderfully.  I melted white chocolate candy with blue food coloring to make the icing look.  I pressed sprinkles into the sides and used straws to stick the donuts on the top of the cake.

For food, we ordered pizzas and had a charcuterie board and some other snacks.  I had board, card games, and DVDs in case they wanted something specific to do, but they mainly hung out on the trampoline and just giggled a lot.  They did do the donut game.  We hung two strings from the tree out front and tied on two donuts at a time.  It was a race to eat the donut first with no hands.  It's harder than it sounds.  I promised I wouldn't post pictures of that on my blog!


Luna was the star of the show and totally stole Hannah's thunder.  (Notice she even made the group picture!)  Hannah really enjoyed herself and Genevieve had a friend over during the party too.  The boys went with Brian to play with their cousins and give the girls some space.  It was a good party!

I love you Hannah!  Happy 15th birthday!  Now it's time to take that driver's course to get her Permit.  Yikes!

On her actual birthday, in the middle of Thanksgiving break, I took her out to go shopping, just the two of us, and to the Clinique counter to get face powder and under eye concealer.  I also bought her shoes for her Winter dance.  We also went to PF Changs for lunch, and I got her a Starbucks coffee which she is always pining for even though I hate to go to Starbucks.  Many thanks to Genevieve for babysitting nearly all day while we were out.

No comments: