Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Pumpkin Patch 2020

Instead of family dinner one Sunday in October, we went with my my sister's family to a "Pumpkin Patch" which turned out to be more of an area that they charge you to get into (under a overpass) and they bring in pumpkins and dump them on the ground.  Not quite the pumpkin patches we had in Germany or Maryland where we rode a tractor out to a big muddy field and picked our pumpkin straight from where it grew followed by getting some cider or hot chocolate at the end when we paid for the pumpkins.  There was plenty to do, but most involved more money.  The petting zoo here was fun though, and it's always great to have fun with cousins.


There was a turkey in a pen with a bunch of ducks.  Ducks are still Bobby's favorite, and so he and I went back to see them after getting a pumpkin.  The night before Brian and I had been in a turkey calling contest and won somehow although I had just learned to do the female turkey call.  It suddenly occurred to me that I could try out my new skill.  The male turkey had been wandering around the middle the whole time and wouldn't come near the side.  I did my female turkey call a bunch of times, he stopped an looked at me, then started coming closer and closer till he was right next to the fence.  I was so surprised that it actually worked.
There was a hay maze for little ones and a few swings too.  Dylan and Savanna rode a horse, but when I asked Dylan if he was going to ride he told me they were too stinky which is funny because he has such a sensitive nose for a young boy.  The kids had fun, and the pumpkins weren't too expensive which was good since we have to get six.  

No comments: