Thursday, May 20, 2021

May is here already!

What!  It's May already?

Even my most enthusiastic learner is over this whole school thing and ready for summer.  He used to be the first one with his school work out each morning and now he's saying he doesn't want to do it anymore.  I hope it's just spring burn out and a summer break will renew his excitement.  

Birthday Dinner at Gold Feather
She wanted chicken and waffles, and, boy, did she get it!  She got Red Velvet Waffles and Chicken with gravy.  

 Genevieve turned 15 at the beginning of this month.  She is dying to get started on Driver's Ed and get her permit, but she wants to finish up finals before adding that to her schedule.  The weekend before her birthday I took her shopping and we got her some make-up which is the 15 year old privilege.  She wants to go to Fiesta Texas with a couple friends after school is over in lieu of a birthday party.


For Mother's Day I was blessed to be able to see some long-time friends from college (two from out of town) for dinner the night before.  


Before Mass on Mother's Day, I was showered with home-made cards and some flowers and a card from my husband.


You might not be able to tell, but he drew me Thor.  

And Thor's hammer!

My Mother's Day card from Isaac.  He loves to make pop up cards for me.  He said this card took him more than two hours. ❤❤❤

The next week it was talent show time!  My three home-schoolers got to perform in the talent show.  All three played the piano (Bob's been learning from Genevieve.) and Bobby even did a stand up comedy routine with cat jokes he read and memorized from a book.

Judah was so focused during his piece.  After he bowed, he got a "deer in the headlights' look and didn't know what to do.  I had to whisper-yell for him to get his book and wave him off stage.  :) 



What a tiny peanut!

The cat jokes were a huge hit mainly because he was so adorable I think!  I was very proud of him for being so brave.  When we first took our seats before the talent show began, he whispered to me that he didn't want to do it anymore.  I told him that I'd walk him up there, and he agreed pretty easily.

I got a video of Drew and he was too fast to get off stage and I didn't get a picture of him playing.

The very small group of kids this year that were able to come and participate



No comments: