Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In the beginning...

God created "Adam and Even," according to Genna. :)

We started our Jesse Tree this week, and on day 2 I already had to move the tree to a new location. My dear son has added two new items to the list of things he has eaten, but shouldn't have. One of those was our day 2 ornament and one was a big chunk of dog food. To be honest, I was waiting for the dog food to slip by me. I have heard enough mom's of boys ask if he had eaten any dog food yet when I complain about him eating everything in sight to be expecting that one. The ornament, however, I was not prepared for! It was a home-made apple ornament that smelled like cinnamon. I just turned around for a second to put a dish in the sink and he had already chowed down on half of it. It would half actually fit with the whole eating of the apple thing if he had just taken a bite out of the side, but he ate off the top part which held the ornament on its string. I thought he had eaten the string and leaf as well until I found it balled in one of his fists. Luckily, I had an extra one of these ornaments. Anyway, I moved the tree to our end table in between the two couches. He could still get it if he stood on the couch technically, but if he is standing on the couch I have a much bigger problem since we have all tile floors.

Once my hubby gets home and gets our real tree, we will have to be super vigilante and put only non edible and non breakable ornaments on the bottom. I just would like to say that this is the first time I have ever had any problem with any of my kids touching the tree . And I am actually worried about him pulling the whole tree down and shattering my precious memories with it on our tile floor which has truly never entered my mind with the past two children. I think we will have to anchor it to the wall or ceiling for sure! Like I always say, "Good thing he's cute!" LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Daddy home yet??? Just curious.
MOM