Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Living the American Dream

We closed on our house this week and are officially home owners again. The house is virtually empty, of course. Our stuff is not here yet so off we go to Texas to spend some time with family and friends while our things makes their way across the Atlantic Ocean. We are recovering nicely from jet lag. Perhaps, I should say the rest of the family is recovering since I am still exhausted, but that is not all from jet lag. Add in the pregnancy and the heat that I am not accustomed to while wearing compression stockings and you have one tired mama. Things around A Pew All Our Own may be a little slower than usual for another week, but you never know when I might get some energy or an idea or two. My current project that I was able to bring around the world with me is Isaac's Christmas stocking. I ordered the kit online and just really did not think about how detailed this one is. I am, however, very determined to finish it by Isaac's second Christmas and, hopefully, by the end of the summer because I sure do have a lot of home improvement projects piling up for the fall.

4 comments:

Joe and Amy said...

Congrats!
I meant to comment on your post about what you were looking forward to upon your return to the US. I was most looking forward to drive-up ATMs and being able to pay at the pump for my gas. Those were such a pain in Germany with kids.

Kelle said...

I forgot about pay at the pump gas! I haven't had to get gas yet, but that is a good one!

Jennifer said...

look at me, keeping up with everyone's blogs now (i'm learning!) -- so are you still having to wear the compression stockings? did the surgery help?

Kristen said...

Welcome back!