Friday, March 22, 2013

My Getaway Weekend

I mentioned before that I was taking a rain-check on my birthday since I was elbow deep in puke on my real birthday.  This weekend was me taking that rain-check.  Brian's gift to me was giving me a whole weekend responsibility-free.  I invited some of my good friends and we headed down to National Harbor for the whole weekend.  Friday night we had our veggie Thai meal.  I tried green curry for the first time.  Saturday was a day at the Gaylord spa (during CPAC if you can believe it!)  I got an 80 minute pedicure, which is just amazing, a prenatal massage, and a Tropical Island Glow body scrub.  It was fantastic!  Then we all went to Rosa Mexicana for dinner and a fifth friend (a nursing mom) met us for dinner before she had to head back home.  We then went shopping.  There was a Peeps store and a Tea store that I particularly enjoyed.  I got something for the kids for a return treat and for Easter from the Peeps store.  I even got something for Tad.  On Sunday, we had a breakfast buffet and even went to Mass before heading back home.  I went home with quite the upset tummy from my super spicy meal selections, but happy and rejuvenated nonetheless!

How did Brian fare?  Just fine, as you may have suspected.  My uncle came Friday night to hang out with him and the kids.  Saturday he took the kids to German school, got to deal with Drew puking again in the car (he is still very congested and pukes easily in the car when he gets to coughing), and managed to study a bit.  After a brief rest time/nap he took them to one of the other dad's homes for a dad and children sleepover.  I was nervous about this at first, but it ended up being fine.  Drew even slept without a fan...against my wishes, of course.  The two dads and seven children went to Mass the next morning, and I hear it went just fine.  Crazy!

No comments: