Friday, October 13, 2017

We're back!

This was a few weeks ago, of course.  We were able with much prayer to get on a Space A flight with Brian on the way back the night before his return commercial trip was scheduled.  The kids all slept a lot with Judah surprising me, being the first to fall asleep instead of the last (and he slept the whole trip).

We tried to catch up on sleep as much as we could from Monday until Friday.  I scheduled doctor's appointments because Genna's wrist was still hurting when she took of her brace and sometimes even when she wore it, nearly 4 weeks after her accident.  We went in for more x-rays and got a referral to a German Orthopedic doctor.  We weren't able to see him for about two weeks, but when we finally did, he told us that she had actually fractured her arm initially, but the recent x-rays said it had healed.  I'm a little displeased with my pediatrician at the moment because he missed this and should have sent it to an ortho doc to double check.  It was a hairline fracture so it was harder to see.  Anyway, since it had healed, he told her to stop wearing the brace and that it should stop hurting in a week to ten days.  She is doing so much better now.

Judah also had an ultrasound scheduled that Thursday and it confirmed his hernia.  They referred us to general surgery and we are working on scheduling his surgery, but there is no rush.  The morning of his ultrasound he couldn't have anything to eat or drink and he was very nervous.  His last doctor's appointment he got three shots so he was concerned about that.  I told him it didn't hurt and there were no shots.  He asked, "Is it sharp?"  I told him it was smooth and not sharp.  He did a great job during the appointment.  Bobby came along for the ride.  At his next appointment with the general surgeon, he came downstairs that morning and I offered him breakfast.  He said, "Oh no, Mommy, I have my thing.  I can't eat."  I guess he thought it was the same kind of appointment, so I told him this was just for the doctor to look at him and talk to me.  He then asked, "Is it smooth or sharp?"  Sweet, simple, innocence!

On Friday, family arrived for a 10 day visit!  To be continued for details on that epic trip in the next gazillion posts...
















No comments: