Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Five Finger Prayer

I have this laminated paper that has this cute "Five Finger Prayer" on it and sometimes when I am doing night prayers with just the littlest ones (usually if we get too late a start on family prayers I have to separate the little ones so I can get them in bed on time) I use this format.



Tried to get a close up, but it's laminated, so glare it is.



The other night when it was just Judah and Bobby and me praying in Judah's room, as is always the case on the thumb prayer, the one for "those closest to you," Judah doesn't pray for his family.  I always do pray for my husband and children for the thumb prayer, but Judah always prays for the same person.  He always prays for his friend, John.  I sighed and said, "You know I prayed for the people in this house that are actually physically close to me.  There are people close to your actual body that you could pray for on this one."  He immediately replied, "You are close to me, Mom, but John is close to my heart."  Ouch.  I guess I asked for that one.


Sometimes I think I can't figure this guy out, but he's adorable in a suit!  His longer hair looks nice when it's combed to the side, but it will not stay without a lot of hairspray.  He says he doesn't like it when it's stiff.  :(

No comments: