Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Our Baby Fix

We made an overnight stop in Baltimore on our journey to Texas.  We were able to see two of our very best friends in Maryland, thanks to them traveling all the way to our hotel near BWI and hanging out with us in the lobby and outside at the picnic tables.  We didn't have a vehicle and it would've been a hassle to install car seats and try to squeeze into their two vans just to go to Chick-fil-A for a bit.  So we brought Chick-fil-A to us.  It was a brief visit, but it was so great to see them again!

Then we arrived in Texas late because our plane was delayed.  We were picked up in three cars, by my mom, sister, and brother.  We were all so relieved to be done with the traveling part.  That much luggage just makes it hard.  Just a few days after I had my two feet on Texas soil, a good friend of mine from college came over to see us with her new baby boy.  He was so itty bitty and smelled so good.  We all enjoyed getting in some good cuddles and love!







We were all in need of a good baby to hold!


My mom and dad were staying with my brother and we stayed with my sister, except for Brian stayed in a hotel near his work for the first week because we needed a place for the cat.  My mom came over some mornings to watch the boys while I took the girls to complete registration at their school and get their uniforms.  We didn't rent a van, just a regular car to save money since my parents were going to be around and I had cars to borrow for a while.  Brian bought a new commuter car within a week of being in the country.  A very kind Knight (from Knights of Columbus) whom we did not know offered to lend us his truck for as long as we needed it.  So we were able to get by with just Brian's new car and the truck until our van arrived, saving us a bunch of money.

No comments: