Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Birthday Month Begins

The same day we moved into our house on air mattresses and without a frig or washer and dryer was my nephew's birthday.  That weekend they had a big birthday party for him with, oh yes, a petting zoo!  In their backyard!  I think all future birthday parties I may or may not be able to muster up for my kids will never compare to this.  There was also face painting, a snow cone machine, a cotton candy machine, and a popcorn one too.  This birthday begins the month of August birthday series in which five more family birthdays will follow before we tear another page from the calendar.  It's a busy month.





After the party we had to make a quick exit to make it to a dinner party where the girls got to meet a bunch of 7th and 8th grade girls that would be gong to the same school.  The following day after Mass, my sister took her son, my three older boys, and myself to an Avenger live action show for their birthday gifts.  It was really fun and very clean.  I don't let my kids watch superhero movies or shows with the exception of the super old ones, like Plastic Man and Aqua Man or the 1960's Batman, because of the crude humor and other things.  I read reviews on this and it only had warnings of it being scary for young ones.  Judah was momentarily scared, but I leaned over and reassured him it was all just pretend fighting and his face relaxed.  I hadn't thought to prepare him for real people to look like they were beating up other real people.  I guess I should have explained stunts beforehand.




They've been a little superhero obsessed since this show.  I even took their superhero books and hid them in the closet to get their minds back on truth, goodness, and beauty instead of truth, justice, and the American way.  ;)

No comments: