Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Pumpkin Carving

The Sunday before Halloween, we bought pumpkins outside of our church for each of the kids.  Isaac carved his own creepy eye.  


Judah took out the pulp and seeds for me, but requested I carve a Batman signal on his.  In the end, I drew it on and Isaac did the carving for it.


Drew was virtually no help, because "It is gross!"  He doesn't like to get his hands dirty, but he had no problem requesting the most difficult carving.  I saw some pictures on Facebook after I carved this that people somehow use a picture on a paper as a guide.  This girl's not that smart.  I hand drew it on the pumpkin.  Oh well!



Bob requested a PJ Mask Gecko pumpkin and I was so worn out by the time I got to his mini pumpkin that I used marker and my linoleum cutter to do a quick job of it, with no actual cutting and carving and dealing with seeds.


Genevieve carved and designed her emoji pumpkin all on her own.


Five Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Bench

You'll notice in the group picture of the pumpkins, Hannah's is missing.  It's because she never carved or decorated hers.  She had planned to use markers and decorate it, but she never got around to it.

Here's Hannah's pumpkin keeping Our Lady company by the front door.  I couldn't resist these pictures of Bobby!  He is such a joy!


And a charmer too!


No comments: