Thursday, November 1, 2018

Be a Sweetie

I made a sign for the kids' bathroom.  A friend of mine was talking about boys (and man) in her house who didn't keep the toilet in proper condition for a lady to sit upon it.  I agreed it is a problem, especially with four young boys in our house.  She told me a cute little saying that she says to her boys (and man) when they leave the seat a mess.

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.

Inspiration struck me, and this sign was created.




I used the color of the shower curtain that came with the house, a periwinkle blue, and added some yellow/gold.  I have a stack of unused frames and I picked a white one and painted polka dots to match on the frame.  I really like it.  Maybe I need one for my bathroom too.

I also finished up my laundry station, upstairs in the hallway.  I have officially done away with individual laundry hampers in bedrooms.  Now no one has to sort laundry which is making kids smile at our house.  I made a spot for lost socks which we always have gads of around here.  I used to have a drawer for single socks and realized in Germany that no one was checking for matches when adding socks to the drawer, so I pinterested (yes, it is a verb, I declare) until I found a solution.


Brian made the laundry basket holder a long time ago and it has always been in my laundry room doing a very good job of keeping laundry off the floor, but he stained them so I could keep them in a public space.  I love them!  I can grab a basket on my way downstairs in the morning to run my daily load.

No comments: