Friday, November 30, 2018

First Thanksgiving Back in the USA

We celebrated Thanksgiving at my uncle's house in Dallas.  It was a little lower key than I had been expecting.  My kids were the only ones there and I had been hoping for a Thanksgiving with cousins and second cousins, but for a myriad of reasons that was not in the cards.




Everyone's looking, smiling, and no one has a blurry body part, but, oh, the stick!!!


The very next day after Thanksgiving, we got up at 4:45am and got on the road to go visit Brian's family in Indiana.  He had stored some things up there and so we needed to pick up our stuff anyway.  We couldn't squeeze everything in the days that the girls had off from school.  We talked to Hannah and she said it was okay with her for us to miss her birthday if her Mimi stayed with her and Genna to take them to school and such.  Genevieve was actually far more bothered by the fact that we were going to miss the actual day of Hannah's birthday.  I thought I was okay with it, but as the day approached I began to regret my decision. It was very hard to leave my baby girls for six days.

Drawing with Mark Kistler!




Scary!!!






We drove 15 hours straight to Indiana.  The boys did amazing!  As usual, I barely had any issues to deal with at all and was able to read and take a few naps.  Brian got tired eventually and had me drive the last three hours.

The trip was fun and very relaxing, maybe too much so.  I felt like a lazy bum.  The boys had so much fun with their cousin!  We even had another Thanksgiving meal, and Brian's aunt and uncle were able to come.




No comments: