Saturday, March 2, 2019

My Arsty Kids

As much as I want my kids to be sporty as well as artsy, I know deep down their interests really lie in the arts, from music, literature, and cooking, to all kinds of drawing and hand-lettering.  Give these kids a choice and they rarely choose outside, it is always one of these things that I find them doing.    I have to make them go outside.  

The whole household got very into making magnets after I got a few things for the girls to make some magnets for their lockers.  Now our fridge is covered in them.  Here is one holding up Drew's drawing.

by Drew
Drew is learning to draw faces in his art class at co-op and I am always impressed with what he comes up with if left on his own.  Isaac set to the task of teaching Drew and Judah to hand-letter which I find quite humerous because they can barely write, but they LOVE it, both of them.

by Genevieve
Genevieve usually draws animals, but this picture was an exception to that.

by Isaac, from Mark Kistler
Isaac has been a lot more chilled in his drawing attempts.  He truly adores Mark Kistler and loves to watch his videos and try out new creatures and habitats.
by Isaac, out of a how to draw book

by Isaac, from Mark Kistler
He hand-lettered Mark Kistler's famous saying, "Put stress on the bus."
Hannah still is into Manga drawing most of the time, but this semester she's in an art class at school that is challenging her in different styles.

Judah likes to do activity books and read more than draw, but he does do some drawing, hand-lettering, and coloring. 

Bobby rarely colors or draws.  He's young still, so we will have to see how he develops.

No comments: