Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Combined Boy Birthday Party: No girls allowed!

The seven year old privilege is to have an all boy (or all girl,depending) birthday party, but last year Drew didn't have many friends yet since we had just moved here.  So, we postponed it until this year.  I couldn't avoid it any longer.  He opted for a bowling party and agreed, very lovingly, to allow a triple birthday celebration with two of his brothers, Isaac and Judah.  They each wanted a different cake/cupcake decoration which complicated things a bit, but how can I complain when the cakes and invitations where really my only jobs after setting this up at the bowling alley.


Judah's Flash mini cake

Drew's Spiderman Cupcakes

Isaac's guitar cupcakes

I made chocolate melt guitars on wax paper with a basic outline drawn underneath.  Hardest part was actually keeping them from breaking afterwards.





Brian ran the youngest lane of bowlers and Bobby enjoyed himself thoroughly!

Isaac and his friends got a lane to themselves.

Judah was in the middle lane with Drew and their friends.  He's not quite strong enough to bowl regularly.







The girls stayed at home and took in the quiet house while Brian and I took the boys to the bowling alley.  I was so proud of myself for making it there with candles and cakes on time.  When I walked up to the counter to ask where we go, they informed me there were no birthday parties scheduled that day at that location.  They suggested maybe I was at the wrong location.  I sorta panicked at this point.  Thankfully, it was only 7 minutes drive which is just crazy because in San Antonio everything's far.  We made it to the party only a couple minutes late. 

The boys had three lanes organized according to age.  My family was able to come, and my sister and brother bowled in their own lane.  The kids had pizza and lemonade.  The kids got cards for the arcade and we sang Happy Birthday before eating cake.  It was a fun time.

No comments: