Saturday, October 5, 2019

Miscellany

We spent the first weekend of the school year at a Catholic family conference together.  It went pretty well, over all.  We put the youngest three in the childcare room for the day on Saturday and heard some interesting stories about the other kids which made me glad I decided not to do it for the second day.  They just stayed with us for the second day.  We brought books and coloring stuff for the and they were very good.  

At the conference


I was inspired during Mass to come home and draw again which I haven't done much of lately, besides in my bullet journal.  I made these two pictures.



It's always wonderful when one of the kids is begging to learn things.  Bob is doing just that.  I know enough from my homeschooling experience to know that won't last forever and I need to take advantage of it while it lasts.  He's doing reading lessons from this book, and he is already reading the words with the sounds he's been introduced to in his head.  He's skipping sounding them out out loud.  This is one of the best parts of homeschooling.  Seeing them just get it and be so proud of themselves.


I got a pack of 6 white boards because they are the cat's meow around here.  Everybody spends so much of their free time on these boards.  Bob's even learning to write his letters on his board.  Judah was proud of his superhero.


Speaking of artwork, Hannah did these two pieces for school.  She doesn't spend a ton of time drawing anymore, but she still has a talent for it.  I'm glad they're "drawing" it out of her at school.

Architecture by Hannah

Still life by Hannah

No comments: