Friday, October 11, 2019

First Two Homeschool Field Trips of the Year

I am the one in our homeschool group who chooses and arranges the field trips.  That means that I get to do what I want pretty much.  The first one was at a splash pad park in downtown.  We met in the morning and had a picnic lunch together before leaving.   Fun start to the year!






I think maybe this means he was having fun, but I'm not sure.  ???



The second one was volunteering at the Food Bank, working in the Urban Garden.  The boys and I had so much fun doing this before summer began that I knew it had to be on the list.  It was a great experience for the kids again.  We picked up trash and weeded a big field ready for planting.  Then we got a tour of the animal, hydroponics, and aquaponics section of the garden.  We ended with feeding the goats and sheep.  So much fun to work along side friends and to practice corporal works of mercy.  And it even cooled off for us just in time for this field trip, into the 80's.





In front of the hydroponics system in the greenhouse.

No comments: