Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Happy Birthday to Judah!

I mentioned before that Judah has been less than enthusiastic this year about his schoolwork.  He was majorly bitter about having to do his schoolwork on his birthday, but it was only day three of our school year, and I didn't want to lose momentum.  


It got him off to a bad start though, and what I had planned for the day did not live up to his standards.  Why, oh why, must children get so selfish on their birthdays and think the world should revolve around them for the day??!!  I'm hoping it's just because we don't spoil them as much as they see other kids getting spoiled and that it will build their character in the long run.

This little insect visited our bug-loving birthday boy.

Then hopped onto Bob


We started the morning opening his gifts and cards from the family before everyone went off to school.  The funny part about that was that Isaac got so wrapped up in watching him open his gifts that when the alarm for us to be getting in the van went off, he said, "But I haven't eaten breakfast yet!"  I looked at him, and, in shock, replied, "That's the least of your troubles.  You aren't even dressed!"  All was well in the end because he's a boy and when pressed can get dressed in just a couple of minutes.  I threw together a to go breakfast for him while he changed and no one was late for school.

After struggling through our morning of school work with a child who thought it the biggest injustice to be forced to work on his birthday, we headed to Mass.  Mass was followed by a picnic lunch with homeschoolers and a Cre8 Crafting Club meeting.  I thought that would be fun, but Judah really didn't want to go for some reason.  However, he had fun after all.   We didn't have time to go to the library before picking up the kids from school and he was very disappointed.  I did get him a shake as a special afternoon snack though.

He made a foil "6" out of his wrapper from our picnic lunch of hot dogs.

His birthday dinner had to be put off until the weekend and he chose a fancy-pantsy restaurant that we went to years ago when visiting my siblings.  It's an Italian pizzeria that imports ingredients from Italy.  It had been recommended on the Food TV Network.  The thing he liked about it and why it had stuck in his mind all these years is that they give the kids dough to play with.  I think after seeing how much money it cost to feed our family there, next time I'll just make homemade dough at home for him.

A couple of weeks later all three little guys had a well check at the doctor.  Only Bob had to get shots, but I can't ever remember the schedule so I prepared everyone.  Bob did okay, not crying until after the third shot and only for a couple minutes, if that.


We also got him a haircut.  I was a little bit tired of a full head of sweaty hair to deal with all the time and thought we'd cut it shorter for the end of the hot weather season.  However, I miss his longer hair so I might not be doing it so short again for a while.

Happy sixth birthday, my sweet boy!

No comments: