Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Book Signing

As soon as school was out we went to Dallas to spend the week of Christmas with family.  While in Dallas we had multiple extended family gatherings beginning on Saturday and continuing through Christmas Eve.  In the midst of those my sister's little one year old became very sick.  The doctor thought she had the flu, and so my sister ended up going back home early.  This left us with just enough free time to go to our friend's book signing at Barnes and Noble. 

We bought his whole series for Isaac and he read all but one before the break was over.  Once he finishes it, I'm going to have him write up a review for my blog.  Now that school is going, he's very busy trying to keep up with his school reading, his current dragon drawing obsession, and his three instruments.  


We were there for a while and the kids all made their way back to the children's section and I found them like this when I went to collect them.  All reading.  Just warms my heart.




On Monday night, two days before Christmas Eve, at my mom and dad's house we had a Canasta tournament with $5 gift cards at stake for the winners.  It was a fun idea my mom had to liven up our regular tradition of playing Canasta when we are all together.


No comments: