Sunday, January 5, 2020

Some Home-made Christmas Gifts

I made this little Altoid Tin Dinoland for my godson.  It was remarkably easy and pretty quick, all things considered.  I bought the little dinosaurs at Hobby Lobby and was inspired.  




I made a wooden peg Nativity set for my nephew.  This was not quick or easy.  I started work on this before Thanksgiving and finished just days before Christmas.  I liked the end product though and might make a couple more sets for gifts next year.

Three Wise Men

The Holy Family

Donkey, three angels, sheep, and a shepherd


I painted Bethlehem on paper and decoupaged it onto the ends of this wooden box that I got at Hobby Lobby.  I took my peg people to the store to make sure the peg people would fit.  On one side I painted "Turner's Nativity."  Unfortunately, it was a little hard to read because of the dark background, despite adding the white and yellow.




I've been doing some religious mixed media drawings lately.  I posted this one of Mary on here before.  For another Christmas gift, I put it on a mug with the Hail Mary in Latin on the other side.



Here's my latest mixed media drawing.

Sacred Heart


I finally caved and got an Instagram account to post my arts and crafts specifically.

No comments: