Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Red River, New Mexico

This past July was my parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary.  Of course, this called for an epic trip back to our annual childhood summer vacation spot.  Brian and I hadn't taken our children there since 2012 Judah, Bob, and Roman had never even been to Red River, New Mexico.  This time my sister's family and my brother's family all got to come too.  We rented two giant cabins across the road from each other for a full week.  Here are the highlights in photos!


Late night card games



S'mores made using the fireplace


Lots of walks and hikes

Working our plans around two baby cousin's naps and bottles



Roman loved the walks  sitting on his "hipseat."

Our cabin had these two aliens on the bench out front.  My niece was a bit obsessed with them.

Lots of attempts at a photo of all the kids that slept in the A frame house


Fishing trips


Cuddles with babies

Isaac went on two really long hikes with his dad and great uncle

Isaac with Uncle David


Lots of burned down trees that they had to climb over at times

Enjoying the green and the cooler weather


Hannah loves her sweatshirts and was thrilled to get to wear them outside!


A guided fishing lesson with the ultimate fisherman, Papa Boat.







Brian was in his happy place: outside, fishing, cooler temps!

Getting ready for the big professional family photo shoot.









Finding awesome walking sticks

walking along the river and enjoying the sounds, smells, and sights of my childhood






An all boy hike plus me






 I really love this place!  Some people are beach people like my mom, and some are mountain people like my dad.  Me? I love them both so much!

No comments: