Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Two Special Boys' Birthdays Back to Back

 Isaac's birthday fell on the day before school started and as our quarantine was ending from COVID.  I was not sick anymore, but I was still so run down.  I had no energy, and when I got out in the heat/sun I felt awful again.  Then I found out that Genevieve had a doctor's appointment that afternoon that we really needed to keep since it was so hard to get.  They made the appointment without even telling me which is strange.

Anyway, the point of all that is to say that Isaac's birthday plans all had to be postponed.  We were supposed to be going to the Snake Farm and Zoo to have a Fennec Fox Experience with a friend of his as his gift from us.  Isaac rarely asks for anything and when I saw this last spring I knew he would enjoy it.  Sadly it had to be postponed for several weeks.  As a whole the family didn't feel good enough even for his birthday dinner.  I felt really bad about the whole thing.  He is not a complainer and handled it like a champ.  I tried to squeeze in a few special things for him.  I got him a Smoothie King and the kids gave him his handmade cards.







I woke up and ran down stairs to get the first day photo, but I had to force them and they were worried about being late, so it's not a perfect picture.  It was Hannah's first day of her senior year though!

The next day was the first day of school and Roman's first birthday!  I had planned to make him a piano cake but i really couldn't muster the energy at all.  He, of course, hasn't eaten any kind of food other than purees at this point and there was no chance he would even put it in his mouth if given the chance.  So I told myself that we would have that cake as a celebration of his adoption being finalized instead since that day was coming sooner rather than later.  Alas, I still feel like a bad mom.  Mom guilt is real.











Both of my birthday boys are amazing, and I love them to pieces!

No comments: