Monday, October 10, 2022

The Nine Year Old Privilege: Holding a baby standing up

Judah's ninth birthday came upon us while we were visiting friends for a fortieth birthday party.  We ordered him an ice cream cake just like he wanted.  He got to choose dinner, and he chose a meatlover's pizza.  Judah, like Isaac, is sweet and easy to please.  





A fun trip to the park during our visit




The nine year old privileges involve a new book series that he can read, a special date with dad, and holding a baby while walking around.  The last couple boys really haven't had a baby around to carry, but Judah has Roman now and is so excited to carry him.  He is Genna's "mini me" and they are so much alike that I asked him if he could try to "beat" Genna by not dropping any of my babies.  Genna dropped Judah on his head when she was 8 or 9 from the couch.  She also fell hold Bobby and saved him, but broke her own arm in the process.  So we're hoping for Judah to have a better track record, but I have to admit he makes me nervous sometimes.




 I love this sweetheart!  He is my Bunny Twenty-one (This is from the book, The Country Bunny where her twenty-first bunny baby pulls out her chair for her at the table each day.) who makes my coffee in the morning and rubs my back when I am getting overwhelmed or sad.


  
Judah's done with his palatal expander, but now he has two front braces and a retainer expander.

No comments: